I'm writing a quick post to say HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all my friends and family, online and in real life. I hope your Halloween is (or was, for those overseas) FANGTASTIC!
Below is a digital piece I made for your viewing pleasure. I tried to add as much texture as possible so even though this was a digital project, it took quite a while to complete.
I used the "October Creepy Calendar" topper from Rick's Zibbet shop. He has creepy versions for all 12 months and each image comes both with and without the month printed on it so you can use the calendar header as just a digital stamp if you wish. For those with a tamer taste, Rick has an ADORABLE MOUSE calendar collection as well. These, combined with printed 2016 calendars and bound in some way would make great Creepmas or Christmas gifts. After all, who doesn't LOVE a handmade gift?
WARNING! THIS MAY BE TOO INTENSE FOR YOUNGER VIEWERS, THOSE AFRAID OF ZOMBIES, AND TO THOSE PRONE TO NIGHTMARES.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Click on the image to enlarge, if you dare!
One of my wishes for this piece would have been to add more highlights and shadows to the candles to add realism, but I was too tired and Photoshop was being a brat last night. Ok, I'm still new to CS6 so I haven't sorted everything out yet ;) Luckily, being a digital project, I can go back to this piece later (after I learn some more skills) and adjust it to my liking. That's what I love about digital art!
Digital items used:
- "October Creepy Calendar" digital stamp by Rick St. Dennis MFA
- Smoke from Holliewood Studios "Down the Rabbit Hole" digital scrap kit.
- Glowing light effect and background paper by Lotta Designs. I bought a kit of hers on Oscraps, but she is no longer there. Hopefully I can find her so I can give her proper credit.
- Notepaper by Cryztal Rain's "Edgar Allan Poe" digital scrap kit.
- Zombie Skin: 3turnern from Deviant Art
- Decaying Skin: Kixxen from Deviant Art
- Wounds: "Beef Cuts" by Stock Chroma from Deviant Art
- Dripping wound: "Wound 01" by BmAStock from Deviant Art
- Both Crystal Rain and Holliewood Studios can be found on Mischief Circus.
~ Lady B ~