Creepmas Day 8

Hello!  I'm Lady B and I'm last on the hop list.  You should have arrived here from Lisa's fabulous blog.  If not, or if you found my blog by accident and want to start at the top of the hop list, head on over to Terra's blog.  I have posted the entire hop list below in case anyone gets lost along the way.

Here is my contribution for Day 8 of the 12 Days of Creepmas blog hop hosted by Smeared and Smudged.  Click image to enlarge.



I used the image "Dead Santa" by Rick St. Dennis as well as "Creepmas Tree" from the Dark Holidaze set.  You can get the digital set here or the rubber set here.  The images were coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut.  I had trouble with the tree.  A few pieces fell off (oops!) as I was fussy cutting so some pieces may be missing and I'm sure I misaligned some of the pieces when I attached the image to the canvas.  Sorry, Creepmas tree! 

 Anyway, I started with a white piece of canvas board and put a coat of DecoArt Media Gesso in black on it. I made the brick background with the following DecoArt products: Media Sand Paste, Brick Wall Stencil, foam daubers, and various colours of Americana Premium Matte Acrylic paint.  I then sealed with  Texture Primer-Sealer.  For the floor, I found some wood toned paper and did my best to make a wood floor effect with my Copic markers.  I then attached the paper and the images to the canvas board using DecoArt Media Matte Medium.  

I know the bricks and floor boards are a bit large for my images, but I didn't exactly plan on making this scene.  I was just playing with products and ended up with this piece.  If I were to do it over again, Santa would be much larger.  Also, I would have left a bit of white around the Creepmas tree or make the bricks a lighter colour so the tree would pop out more.  I tried to add some white pencil around some areas of the tree.  I'm not sure if I like it or not.  Anyway, if  ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Creepmas!

Happy Hopping!
~ Lady B ~

As promised, the hop list is below:

 photo JollyBlogger2014_zpse7278384.jpg
Terra- Hop Hostess
Black Dragon
Maureen
Teresa
Julia
Sue The Nanny
Jane
Susan
Nan
Shell
Kim
Monique
Airless Chambers
Keren
Sarah
Leigh
Lisa
Lady Brayton

Comments

  1. I think your bricks and boards are brilliant.
    and who hasn't lost a bit of a tree during ANY project (including real llife)??
    It looks like a very difficult fussy cut but the results are wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave even to attempt a fussy cut on that tree Lady B! The proportions add to the creepiness I think and creeptastic it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is perfect just as it is! I thought it was digital and when I saw how you did it on canvas I was blown away! Fabulous job and wonderful work!! This is absolutely fantastically awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is so amazing, just wanna touch it! And the fussy cutting of the tree, WOW! So intricate, your talent and bravery are amazing! Thanks for sharing your art!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's wonderful! It doesn't bother me at all that the background is a bit out of proportion--in fact, I think that's a really cool artistic decision. If things are too "perfect" in a piece, then the viewer doesn't really have any reason to look more closely, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think it's fabulous, Lady B! I'm still wrappin my head around the fact you MADE that background and fussy cut that detailed tree. AMAZING! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing to think you decided to fussy cut that tree!! Great project. Love the colours. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of like the odd perspective on this - it makes me think there's a creepy little mouse somewhere that decorated his own little tree and got a miniature dead Santa to fit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment