Creepmas Day 10 is a bit of a blur

Hello!  I'm Lady B and I'm last on the hop list.  You should have arrived here from Lisa's fabulous blog.  If not, or if you found my blog by accident and want to start at the top of the hop list, head on over to Terra's blog.  I have posted the entire hop list below in case anyone gets lost along the way.

Here is my contribution for Day 10 of the 12 Days of Creepmas blog hop hosted by Smeared and Smudged.  I had the hardest time trying to get a good picture of my uber glossy canvas. 
Click images to enlarge.

Remember my Zombie Carolers drawn by Rick St. Dennis?
Here is the project I made with them. 






DecoArt Products used:
Media Gesso in Black
Americana Premium Multi-Surface Satin acrylic paint in "Black Tie"
Media Matte Medium
Media Crackle Glaze
Media Interference in green, turquoise, blue, violet and magenta
Metallic Lustres in "fab fuchsia", "elegant emerald", "brilliant turquoise" and "majestic purple"
Media Antiquing Cream in "Carbon Black"
Texture Primer/Sealer
Triple Thick Gloss Glaze

Other Materials:
Canvas Board
Ornate wooden frame
 Medium weight card stock
Embossing folders and embossing machine
Paint brushes
Kitchen Roll or paper towels
Copic Markers
Scissors
Zombie Carolers image or other RSD image of choice.

Assembly:
I started out with an 8" x 10" piece of canvas board.  I cut a piece of medium weight card stock into 4 equally sized pieces and embossed each piece with my Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug A2 sized folders (D'vine Swirl, Sledding and Snowflakes).  I adhered these to my canvas board with Media Matte Medium.  Next I primed the surface with Media Black Gesso.  When dry, I added a coat of Multi-Surface Satin paint in Black Tie.  On top of the raised areas I added various colours of Metallic Lustres as listed above in the products list and buffed to a shine.  At this point things were a little to bright and sparkly for my liking so I added some Antiquing Cream in Carbon Black, allowed to dry, then wiped of the excess with a barely damp cloth so as to allow bits of the black to remain inside the recessed areas.  I sealed with Texture primer/sealer and allowed to dry.  While waiting for things to dry, I colored my image with Copic Markers.  I added a bit more Metallic Lustres to the canvas board, buffed to a shine, and sealed with two coats of Triple Thick Gloss Glaze.

The ornate wooden frame, purchased for one dollar at Michael's Arts and Crafts, fits a 5" x 7" photo.  I painted the frame with Multi-Surface Satin paint in Black Tie.  This paint requires no primer or sealer and is one of my favorite paints to use on wood.  When dry, I coated the surface of my frame with Media Crackle Glaze and added drips of Interference Fluid acrylic paints into the glaze and allowed to dry.  Check out the short video on this technique here.  I wish I had used larger drops of Interference, but live and learn :).  When dry, I sealed the frame with Texture Primer/Sealer and allowed to dry.

I attached my coloured image, which I fussy cut, to the frame with Media Matte Media.  I then attached the frame to the canvas board with a hot glue gun.  I wish you could see the brilliant glass-like shine on this piece!  Although mostly black, this is a very bright and whimsical piece.

Happy Hopping!
~ Lady B ~

As promised, the hop list is below:

 photo JollyBlogger2014_zpse7278384.jpg
Terra- Hop Hostess
Black Dragon
Maureen
Teresa
Julia
Sue The Nanny
Jane
Susan
Nan
Shell
Kim
Monique
Airless Chambers
Keren
Sarah
Leigh
Lisa
Lady Brayton

Comments

  1. This is such a cool technique.
    If these are cellphone photos, I am just in awe.
    I'll come back to read more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I just love the background you have created! This is one of those pieces that I just wish I could see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Love those carolers and all the fab colors you used! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady B! I am in such awe, I love this canvas, it is so gorgeous and so amazing!I love the texture and colors and you coloring skills are so brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing how you made it, inspiring!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creation! Love the carolers but the background is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Lady B! You've outdone yourself (and I must say that's a tall order!) Amazing texture and shine and the colors are just gorgeous against that black. FABULOUS PIECE! I'm in AWE! Love, LOVE, LOVE!!!! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the canvas, bright colours rock LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment