Aerocruiser 2014 with Everything but the Kitchen Sink!

I've been in a Steampunk mood and wanted to share one of the many projects I've been working on.  I used a NEW Rick St. Dennis image called "Aerocruiser" which should be in the Zibbet and Etsy shoppes soon.

Click image to enlarge and forgive the watermarks.


I colored the main image with copic markers and fussy cut the image.  Next, I did a rough image transfer from a photo I took.  I printed the image onto inkjet transparency film and allowed it to dry a bit.  Next, I took my 8" x 10" gallery wrapped canvas (which was primed with gesso) and applied DecoArt Decoupage glue in MatteI tried this on a whim as I don't own any gel medium. I placed the transparency ink side down and rubbed over the film with my fingers.  The picture was a sky scene with a church and some buildings in the darkness.  Some parts of the transfer didn't take and other parts smeared where I used to much Decoupage, but I love the finished look!  BTW, I just found out DecoArt has a DecouPage designed especially for photo transfers.
After the image transfer dried, I sealed the canvas with DecoArt DecouPage and used the decoupage to adhere my main image as well.

I wanted some dimension and bling in my project so I took gems, washers, beads, and watch parts and adhered them to various areas using Glossy Accents.

  I wanted the blanket to look like real fur so I sacrificed a mouse toy that belonged to my cats and clipped the fur off and attached it to the blanket with glossy accents.  Hey, at least I didn't cut my cat's fur off for the project!  Hmmm...what to make with cat fur?  LOL!

Lastly, I took some sheer ribbon and some striped ribbon, attached it to D rings, and swagged the ribbon across the balloon.  I added a piece of copper wire and called it a day.  I do hope you like what I've created.  It was definitely a fun project!

Cheers!
~ Lady Brayton ~

Comments

  1. Wow!!! This is absolutely amazing!! Love your colouring on this stunning image!!! The colours really pop against that stormy sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW1 This is just fabulous, beautiful!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I wish I could see it in real life. Your Copic coloring is wonderful. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment