Kickstart Your Art Day 3

There is an art journal challenge going on over at Smeared and Smudged.  It is a Daily challenge for 7 days which gives participants 24 hours to complete each day's challenge.  I'm new to art journaling so I thought I'd give these challenges a go...time permitting of course.

The challenge for day 3 was "Easy Found Objects Background Technique".

Pictured below is my take on the challenge:
Click image to enlarge.



I used objects I "found" at work.  I'm a nurse so I included some syringes, an IV tubing set and I also used some used grommets I cut off an old shower curtain the other day. 

 I placed these objects upon my blank page and misted red and black Dylusions inks which left a negative impression of the items used.  I also dabbed some black and red Staz-on ink onto the paper to darken it up a bit. 

 I colored, scanned and reprinted Rick St. Dennis MFA's "SH Monster Nurse" and fussy cut her twice.  I wanted to add more nurses to the page, but I was too tired to fussy cut the whole lot that I printed and I didn't want to cover up the background I created.  

For my final steps I added some journaling on white paper and I roughed up the edges of my paper with scissors and dripped brick red distress ink down the edges of my paper.  Even after blasting the thing with a heat gun, it is still a bit wet so I had to stick my final page between two transparency sheets to scan it without staining my scanner.

Thanks for Looking at my Work!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. OMG!!! Brilliantly creepy and even more so since it's your chosen profession. LOL (Why didn't I know that?) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaha, I had the same idea of too many nurses covering my background. Great mind think alike, am I right lady? Heehe. Again, I love the rich depth of your reds. Perfect saying and love your work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! The background is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone has hypos to use for their background! Lucky! They are perfect for those awesome nurses!! Great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cool! what a great idea with the background :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is trippin awesome girly!! Love the use of your work materials ie: syringes, etc... Really cool and really awesome job! Your red turned out a lot better then my reds did when I used her. WTG! I LOVE this!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a funny page ! I love your background ! you are the only one who is able to do that !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment