ALTER A BOX with SMUDGY ANTICS

This is week two of the fortnight challenge with Smudgy Antics.
The challenge this round was to alter a box.
Here is my take on the challenge:





I went to town with Modpodge and papers from Creative Imaginations.  I love this paper line and stocked up on a bunch of these papers when my favorite scrapbook store went out of business.  I've decorated coffins and pretty much everything with this set.  

I started with a wooden box from Michael's, took off the hardware, and painted the edges and the bottom of the box black.  When the paint dried I covered the inside and outside of the box with two different papers.  I used a nail to mark where the hardware needed to go to make reassembly easier. Of course, after sealing and allowing everything to dry, I assembled the box. 

The stamp I used is "Holding Heart" from Smeared Ink's "Bloody Valentine" digital stamp set.  I colored the image in photoshop, printed it several times, fussy cut the images and layered them with silicone glue for dimension.  I used diamond glaze to add a bit of shine and to seal the image to prevent ink run off if it got wet.  I simply adhered the dimensional accent with hot glue.

Head on over to the Smudgy Antics blog for more inspiration from the remainder of the DT.

Thanks for looking!
~Lady Brayton~

Comments

  1. oooh this is so lovely! I love the distressed aged look to it, those papers are fabulous and the colouring on the stamp is just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of images to create that awesome altered box!The inside is pretty too! I think you have done a great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this LB it is beautiful and the papers are so pretty ..your work is always so awesome and perfect.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so hoarding those papers! They are beautiful on your box. Maybe I'll get mine out and finally use them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schnikes!! Gorgeous box and am now wanting to Mod Podge something. Love all the detail and how well everything fits. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment