Last Minute Shopping with Sparkle and Glitter

The big day is almost here.  Christmas is coming.  
The question is, are you ready?

I'm not.  I must be the most "last minute" person ever!  I still have cards to make and gifts to finish not to mention the last minute shopping I have to do for the makings of Christmas dinner, outfits for the holiday parties, and last minute gifts to buy.

Over at the Sparkle and Glitter Challenge Blog with RSD, we would like to see YOUR last minute makes.  Be it a card or a present or a tag attached to a plate of cookies, the RSD EDT wants to see your take on LAST MINUTE SHOPPING or preparations for the holidays.

Here is my take on the challenge:
(click on image to enlarge)


I used this lovely image, "ISABELLA, last minute gifts" from Rick St. Dennis.
Isabella is colored with Copic markers and Spica gel pens.  I'm wishing I would have colored her gloves a different color, but perhaps I can tweak that later.  The sky was made with three different shades of blue Distress Inks.  Tulip Puffy Paint was used for the snow.  After it dried, I blasted it with my heat gun to make it puff even more.  I saw this technique on one of my mates' blogs and had to try it for myself.  A word of warning when using this technique, keep your heat gun moving and don't hold it in one area for too long or you will scorch the paint and it will look like a toasted marshmallow.  Trust me on this.  LOL!  You can heat the paint from behind the paper to avoid scorching as that works just as well as heating the paint from the front.

My PP is from DCWV...an old Christmas pack that I've had in my stash for at least 3 years.  I added some recycled foam snowflakes on the side of my card with pop-dots.  I snagged them from a work gathering a few years back.  They were using the foam flakes as table confetti and were throwing it out so I grabbed a few handfuls knowing I could find another use for them.

I do hope you have time within this fortnight to play along with the challenge.  Please head over to the Sparkle and Glitter Challenge blog for more inspiration from my mates and to check out the sponsor and prize information.

Happy Holidays!
~ Lady B ~

If you are looking for Day 11 of the 12 Days of Creepmas, go down one post or click here.

Comments

  1. What a sweet christmas so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just darling. What a sweet card. Last minute? My tree isn't even up yet. EIYIYI! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring and very pretty card. Love how you made the snow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I adore your Isabella, shes stunning, Love the colours you went for, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...beautifully colored RSD stamp...the whole card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable and so beautiful ..oh I love her.
    hugs
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card you made, thanks for the tip with the challenge! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment