Smudgy Antics Weekly Challenge - LEVEL UP!

The challenge this week over at Smudgy Antics is "LEVEL UP". 

 We were asked to use layers in our projects. 
 Here is my take on the challenge:
(click on images to enlarge)


I used "Sinister Zombie" from Smeared Ink's "Zombie Headshot" digi set.  I colored the image digitally and printed it out 4 times and did some fussy cutting and decoupage.  In some areas I layered the cuts to elevate parts of the face and hair and in other areas I cut out several layers for an indentation (the wounds).  I used silicone glue for added dimension and sealed everything with diamond glaze.  For an additional layered effect, I used a cricut cut from the "Happy Hauntings" cartridge to make a frame and mounted this onto two layers of cardstock.


 Here is a close shot so you can see the indentation of the wounds and the elevated areas of the face and hair.  Sorry for the glare.  it's hard taking pictures of a shiny surface!


Another close-up shot at a different angle for less glare.

For more inspiration from the Smeared Ink DT and to check out prize information for the challenge, head over to the Smudgy Antics blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Lady Brayton ~

Comments

  1. awesome job!such perfect shading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LB you have just proved yourself to be Queen of the zombie portrayers. I love what you can do with them. The frame on this really shows the image of wonderfully. Hxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB!!!! you are the Zombie Queen and this piece is no exception. I love how you have used the layers to accentuate the features and the wounds....... and that frame is to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is so cool, fabulour job LB, also love the frame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work amazes me. When I first desired to start this style art I looked at your pieces in the gallery with awe and still do.
    Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your world.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment