Smudgy Antics Weekly Challenge - Wicked With Wings

There is a new challenge over at Smudgy Antics this week.  


The theme is "WICKED WITH WINGS".


Here is my creation.  Can you believe it...?  I made a non-digital, purely hand-crafted item this week and I have the ink-stained fingers to prove it!




I used a rubber stamp from Smeared Ink's "As Death" set and stamped clay coated paper with Staz-on jet black ink.  BTW...Smeared Ink is retiring this rubber stamp set and it is currently on sale for $15.00.  It comes on a thick sheet of deeply etched rubber measuring 8.5" x 11".  If you want this set in rubber you'd better hurry before the supply runs out!  What?  You prefer digital images?  No problem.  You can get the set in digital form here.

I painted the image with distress inks and my aqua pen.  I am so loving my aqua pen!!!  I added copic opaque white to a few areas as a highlight.  I then smudged distress inks all around the image and stamped some branch tips around the edges.  I mounted the image on black cardstock and mounted that onto some awesome echo park paper that I got from my secret santa.  I smudged more distress ink onto the paper and mounted the whole thing on more black cardstock.  It has a wee ribbon on top, but that got chopped off by my scanner.

Be sure to check out the Smudgy Antics Blog for more inspiration from the Smeared Ink DT.

If you like my work and want to meet more like-minded crafters, check out the Smeared and Smudged Forum.  They have monthly challenges, blog hops, atc swaps, and more! 

Cheers!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. FABULOUS - great colouring on that image and I love your colour scheme. I'd love to see your fingers after this lot. Beautiful piece Lady B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My fingers were quite the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, it's so awesome, great colouring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there ANYTHING you can't do????? Stunning piece Lady...... Love the image and the purple DP is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment