Smudgy Antics meets A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

The challenge at Smudgy Antics this week is masking.  I choose to do a masking technique with my rubber stamps (Smeared Ink and Bombshell Stamps) and combined the challenge with three of the prompts over at A year in the life of an art journal.  

THE PROMPT: Word
ie: along the lines of One Little Word, choose one word that embodies the way you want your year to be LIVED.
THE STUFF: Imagery
ie: Use images, clippings... all to create the FEELING of the word you choose.
THE TECHNIQUE: PAINT/DOODLE
ie: paint and doodle on your images to further create the emotion of your word.

I made a half journal page, although it more like a quarter sized journal page.  My journal is going to have miss matched page sizes that I will add as I go.  I used scrap paper to make this.  My word for the year is fearless/fearlessly.  When I read the prompt asking how I want to live my life...I want to life it fearlessly!  

Imagery was the second part of the prompt.  I used one of my Goddess rubber stamp from Smeared Ink"s "Elementals" stamp set and the Sacred Heart from Bombshell Stamps using a masking technique to apply the images to my white cardstock with Memento ink.  I colored the images with copic markers and distressed the edges of my tiny journal page with Ranger distress inks.  I then simply wrote a little phrase on the journal page using my word for the year and doodled a little heart (doodling or using paint was the third part of the prompt).  The little starbursts are from Smeared Ink's "A Little Skelly Christmas" stamp set.  (which sadly is no longer available).

Here is my creation:


Cheers!
~ Lady Brayton ~

Comments

  1. WOW. The imagery is amazing. It struck me right off the bat. Thanks so much for sharing!! :) Glad to have you playing with us too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lady.... stunning page.... the colours, the image everything about this page is fearless.
    I hope you manage to live this year as you wish.... and that you continue with your journal.
    Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. That is one stunning image and your colouring rocks !! I love the whole thing. Great to have you playing at Smudgy Antics :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabulous image and flames, super!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! I love all the flames! great image combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing! I love all the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great word! I love the long skinny format of the half page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Fabulous fabulous!!! Wow. awesome work.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderfully vibrant! Bold! A treat for my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love the message you definately got across. The colors are exhuberant and your picture makes me feel like I could just melt into it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm... wow. This kicks major booty. So vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment