12 Days of Christmas Smeared and Smudged Style - Day 10

Welcome to the 12 days of Christmas Smeared and Smudged Style.
Today is day 10.

You should have arrived here from Tori's blog.

Some of the bloggers have had to drop out of the hop so if you come to a dead end, please refer back to the blog roll of participating artists in the left sidebar.

We'll be posting every other day (odd days) until the "Big" day. The hop goes live at 9 am PST on each scheduled day.

Today's post does double duty as it also fits the challenge over at Smudgy Antics this week.  The theme is "Wicked Christmas" and we were challenged to make either a Gothic Christmas project or a Wicked Santa project...or any combination of the two.

Well...I think I've done enough wicked santa stuff this year.  LOL!  In case you didn't know or haven't been following my blog, Smeared Ink has an awesome Serial Killer Santa digi set.

Here is my offering for today:
(Click images to enlarge)

I went with the Gothic Christmas Theme.



Sorry for the horrible cell phone pics.
I used Smeared Ink's digi stamp "Watchful Eye".
I colored him digitally and printed him out onto white cardstock 4 times.
You can't tell by the pics, but I fussy cut different elements of the skull for dimension.
I think I need a different glue or mini pop dots or something to make the layers more noticeable.
Does anyone have any tips for me on this?

I had a cardboard coffin left over from Halloween and used Christmas papers to decorate it. 
 I grunged it up a bit with sandpaper then distress inks and sealed it with modpodge. 
 I used a red velvet ribbon as an accent and to add a little contrast.
  I attached my skull to the top and painted a coat of diamond glaze to add a bit of shine.
  I know, you can't really tell with the pics.
This was a bit different for me as most of my work has been digital lately. 
 It felt good to get messy again...even if my dry, cracked hands disagree.

Your next stop on the hop is Paula's blog.

Cheers!
Lady B



Comments

  1. Ooooh - this is AWESOME. He looks great on there and I just love your Chrimbo coffin. You ROCK !!! :-D xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coffin Lady the skull looks awesome on there. You need to use 3D foam pads or silicon glue to make it stand out more
    Luv Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I think I have seen it all, you surprise me. What a cool Christmas coffin and I like how the eye is green too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an awesome coffin love the coloring on the watchful eye even if it is digital. lol. diggin the ribbon around it too. You could hang a string on it and use it for tree deco

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love this! OMGosh something new to do with my coffins! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment