Simply Betty Challenge #2

YAY!! We're on to our 2nd challenge of our new challenge blog and I hope you all enjoyed the first one as much as we did!! Maybe you even got to sample some new images from Simply Betty Stamps???


Oh and before I forget... all Emo Halloweenies in Rubber are now in stock and ready for shipping! Grab yours at SimplyBettyStamps.com before they are all gone! We have already plowed through more than half the inventory!!!


This week we want you to create a new Halloween color combo, diverging from the traditional BlackOrangePurple and Greens. Make a project, card or layout creating a new color combo using anything but these colors.

Ahhh you want to know what you are playing for??? This week's prize is



Now for a little inspiration to get you started, the ladies
have come up with some fabulous stuff!!  You can view the fabulous eye candy at Simply Betty Challenges.

Here is my creation for Challenge #2:


Let me tell you...I had a tough time with this challenge!  My favorite colors to use are oranges and purples with the occasional touch of green!  I find the lack of black disturbing too!  Challenges are a great way to get out of one's comfort zone and create something awesome and unexpected!

I did cheat a little and added a pumpkin, but I did my best to make the main portions of the card without Halloween Colors.  My stamped image is Witch Betty.  Isn't she hawt with her hot-pink hair?!  She just got done making a love potion with the assistance of her furry familiar, also decked-out in hot-pink.  The background paper is seven gypsies.  The star border punch is EK Success and the goo is MS.  The torn shimmery paper is DCWV and my coloring is with Copics.  I used some distress stickles, but my lighting sucks so it is hard to capture the yumminess.  The sentiment and pumpkin are just some generic stickers left over from a few Halloweens ago.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Lady B~

Comments

  1. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...can I have this??? LOL!!! It is BEYOND GORGEOUS!! Betty simply JUMPS off of the card in all of her delicious and scrumptious colors!! LOVE IT!! Your background is amazing and I love the punch on the left hand side!!

    WOW!!!! Just STUNNING girlfriend!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card love the background, superb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so cute I love the colors you choose, Awesome job and I love the little pink cat.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you didn't an AWESOME job. No way can you tell you had a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW!! I think you did a great job with this one! What a neat concept too and I'm loving the sparkle to her hair! Thanks for more inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um....Ok....WHERE CAN I GET A HOT PINK CAT?!?!?!?! LMAO I NEED one! Her hair is uber awesome and so is her blue dress!! Great job with the challenge GF! Love it!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment