Smeared and Smudged Member Blog Hop-August Edition


It's time again for another Smeared and Smudged Member Blog Hop!  I'm so excited to have such great member participation this time around!  Our little group is getting bigger and better.  Prepare to be wowed!
Our theme this month was "Hidden Object".  We were to make a project using a hidden object or create a project based on hiding.  As is the Smeared and Smudged way, we were to incorporate a stamp in our project somewhere.  I had invested a lot of time into a project, but just wasn't feeling it.  I just scrapped my old project and whipped-up a new one!  Jeez!  I'm tired now...and hungry.  I skipped dinner to get this bad-boy done in time.  Due to lack of brain cells from sniffing too many glue and ink fumes, I'm going to keep the writing bit short as I'm a bit loopy.  I'm going to share my project first as everyone loves eye-candy and then I'll post the order of the hop.  You should have arrived here from Danielle's blog, but if not...don't sweat it.  We aren't too big on rules around here.  We are just big on the art!  Do make sure to check out everyone on the list or you may miss some major coolness.  After you're done checking out my schtuff, head over to Shelly's page.  Be sure to leave everyone a little love as everyone has worked hard on their projects.

I started my project with a Tootsie Pop tin that I bought for one dollar at an antique store.  I almost didn't want to alter it as it was super cute on its own.  I decided to get inky, and gluey, and gooey.

I started by covering the tin with some cool-azz paper, ripping and inking as I went along.  I also added some distressed stickers and more ink.  Here is the front view:

The AB are my initials.  I choose an autumnal theme for this project.
Here is the backside:


Here is where it gets even cooler.  Check the inside view:

I used clay-coated paper and smeared distress inks in various colors directly to the paper.  I then stamped my images with jet black staz-on ink.  The crow image (as well as the papers on the outside of the tin) are Memory Box.  Sorry, I can't remember who makes the spider web stamp.



I used the same technique on the bottom of the tin.  This stamp is also from Memory Box.



This is the side view.  I used three different ribbons.  I'll betcha you wouldn't have figured that out if I didn't tell ya!  

I'm going to use my altered tin to hold my ATCs.


Here's the list of bloggers in case you get lost:


 Tori
 Kelli
 Alison
 Meredith
 Jean
 Danielle
ladybrayton (Me)
Shelly
Kymberly
Keely
 Helen
 Kapree
 Sugar
Jane
Alex



Thanks for stopping by.  If you like what you've seen you should stop by Smeared and Smudged sometime for some more great inspiration as well as a fantastic and supportive group of ladies and gents.
Cheers!
~lady b~







Comments

  1. wow LadyB i lovin the colours of the tin,lol we have the same initials and your stamping is fantastic...hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the autumnal colors you chose! Love the tin, and it was cute on it's own, but now it is freakin awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome box Lady!! I love the autumn theme, and the halloween touches. Rad x1million!~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you really made that box for me...as "AB" are my initials too! ;} It is fantabulous! I love everything about it! Your stamps are awesome! Great use of you ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! LOVE this project! the colors and stamps are just FAB! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific!! I need to try and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say that hasn't been said already? This has gotta be one of the best ATC containers I have seen for a while. You're inspiring me to have a go sometime soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!! Such awesome pops of colors and images!!!

    Love it!!!

    xoxo
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again you woo me with your clay papers and vibrating warm colors. Your tin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This IS amazing! And I'm with Tori, those clay papers are super cool- tee hee, she said vibrating...what is with you two today!?!LOL
    Anyways, LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable tin!! *giggles* vibrating..

    Great idea for the atc's.. I love altering things

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That's totally fabulous. I love that you did the inside as well as the outside.

    I really love Memory Box papers and stamps...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment