Friends Having Fun Color Challenge #5

Here is my entry for FHF Color Challenge #5.

This incredible image is one of the Nymphs from Smeared Ink Stamps.  I started with some clay coated cardstock and smeared several colors of distress inks directly onto the cardstock.  No sponge or blending tool needed.  I then stamped my Nymph with brown Staz-on ink.  The leaves and extra grass were drawn with my copic markers.  Beware...copics will remove staz-on ink.  I'd recommend using Memento Ink with them instead.

I mounted the image onto DP that looks like sand and further mounted that onto the striped cardstock.  Sorry, I don't remember the brand.  The last piece of cardstock used is a Halloween print, but once again, I don't remember the manufacturer.

I love the way this turned out!  It reminds me of a sunrise/sunset in the summer time!

Enjoy!

~lady brayton~

Comments

  1. My Sinister Sister! What a fabulous card! You really inspire me to play with this image! Beautiful background! Thank you so much for playing along with Friends Having Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful in the brown ink! And I really love that you didn't color her in - left her to be one with her surroundings. I really want to get some of that clay paper! LOVE LOVE LOVE the background with the distressed inks. The colors are amazing and make me ooze with warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is truly STUNNING! No you have me thinking I NEED clay paper. I am pretty sure that I don't have enough paper here to last my whole life already..... I KNOW I don't have any clay coated paper!!! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole thing is SICK!! You are kidding me!! AWESOME doesn't begin to scratch the surface of how beautiful this is!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! This one is getting framed and hung!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment