Smeared Ink "Chicks Dig Guns" stamp set

I just had to share the card I made with Smeared Ink's "chicks dig guns" rubber stamp set. For those not familiar, Smeared Ink Stamp images can be ordered individually or as a set on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of thick-ass, deeply etched, high-quality rubber. Click to here see this stamp set or to view other smeared ink stamps.
There is also a link on the Smeared Ink site for weekly challenges and voting. Check it out. You can WIN Smeared Ink Stamps! Oh...if you enjoy challenges, you should head over to the Smeared and Smudged ning group where there are monthly sketch challenges (card and scrapbook), guest designer challenges, and the way cool "rock and rolla" challenge. There are always awesome sponsors that give away prizes and the girls in the ning group are so friendly and supportive. We are looking for more men to join. Come on guys! Where are you at? I KNOW there are guys that craft...so get your tushies over here!

Okay...now that I've babbled on and on (my diet-pepsi hasn't kicked in yet), how 'bout I show y'all what I made!

My inspiration for this card came to me at my first scrap-mania at Archiver's. They had these cool window, door, and gate die-cuts for cards. You know, the old-skool die-cut presses. These as well as a cricut machine, punches, etc. were all available for use during the mania. They also provided food, drink, snacks, and prizes. Not bad for $15.00!!! Anyway, I saw this die-cut and immediately thought of stained-glass windows. I tried to make the card into a mini-scene. Inside there is a lady protecting her family...or land...or whatever you can imagine. She is one of my favorite images from Smeared Ink. I went for a vintage vibe. Although my marker ran dry, I still think the end result turned out nicely. Note to self...please order marker refills STAT! Here are the various views:

Here is the front view of the card with the windows closed. The stained glass was made with transparency and alcohol inks.



Here is the second view of the front of the card with the window open.



Here is the inside view of the card.  Please excuse the pearl smudge.  Although not visible in real life, the scanner picked up the glare.




Thanks for checking out my work today.  Have a great weekend!
Cheers!
~ladybrayton~

Comments

  1. This is fabulous! Wow. Great scene. Great coloring. Wow. Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fricken' awesome is that! I love it. Very creative...It makes me wonder what's going on outside that she's having to load up the gun!!! It's better than a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! It's brilliant!!! You make such incredible cards. And you are SO locky to live by an Archivers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment