Help for Linda, AKA Oz

Linda is a fellow blogger and cardmaker.  She is currently fighting stage 4 Ovarian Cancer. 

Here is what Linda had to say, " I am going through chemo for stage 4 ovarian cancer in my lungs. I have 3 large tumors in my lungs that are making it very difficult to breathe and sit up for any length of time. The sit up part is killing me because I can't work on the puter or my craft table.....danm damn double dog damn!"


Having been a chemotherapy infusion nurse for the past 5 years, I've seen others go through her fight.  Although we who have never had cancer can never truly "know" what  cancer patients goes through, we can empathize with their struggle and try our best to be there for them in good times and the not so good times.

Barb at http://stampitcrazy.blogspot.com/ is heading a fund raiser for Linda.  Here is what she posted on her site, "Well............ I want to start a Donation Drive, I will send a pound of rubber images when you donate 45.00....or you can donate what you can and I will match with images ...Please help me, get Oz back on her feet, and start giving us some great cards... I will select a variety, they will be worth it of course, no request please.Along with your donations, I will be making Thank you cards for Linda to send out....This will help her I know....Please have all donations in by the end of June."

Please go to Barb's site and check it out.  Here site does have a paypal option so you can be assured of a secured donation.  Not only is this a good fundraiser, you can get some cool images.  If you haven't seen Barb's rubber, it rocks!  If for some reason you want to donate, but don't stamp, you can donate your stamps to a local school or community center or you can give your favorite stamper a gift.  If you absolutely do NOT want ANY rubber (I know, hard to believe, but it happens) you can request that none be sent in the comment section of donation page.

This fundraiser is for Linda, aka Oz.  Every little bit helps whether it be to pay bills, pay for medication, buy or even to buy some comfy pjs.  Here is Barb's link once again: http://stampitcrazy.blogspot.com/.

I want to take this opportunity to wish Linda well.  Fight hard, fight strong, and get lots of hugs and love from your family and friends.  We'll see you back at the stamping table soon!  Here is one tip I have to offer: if you own a laptop or netbook have a friend or family member set-up a TV tray or bedside table so you can keep up with your online buddies whilst laying down (a coffee table works too).  If you don't have a laptop or netbook, see if you can borrow one.  Distraction is a wonderful thing!

To Barb:  Thank you for your kindness and generosity.  I'm sure Linda will appreciate it.

Thank You
angela aka ladyb

Comments