Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #4

Wow...two posts in one day!  I'll keep this short and to the point.

Think wedding (or divorce - eek), bridezillas, grooms with cold feet, etc., or it could just be the creepy cool color scheme from the movie - ANYTHING inspired by The Corpse Bride will do.

Here is my take on the challenge.  I used my ching-chou kuik's Rising Flame rubber stamp, purchased from Sweet Pea Stamps, and gothed her out a bit.  I tried to use colors in keeping with Tim Burton's style.  I used lace in keeping with the wedding theme and used the Viva Las Vegas Stamps' sentiment "I'm miserable without you.  It's like having you here." The sentiment is pretty self-explanatory.  I'm not entirely pleased with the DP paper I used for this.  I chose it for its color scheme, but I don't think it was the best choice for the theme.  The coloring is a bit streaky as my markers have all run dry.  Other than that, it's a fun card.  I think the sentiment totally makes it.



In case you didn't know, The Burtonesque Dolls have weekly challenges.  It's a blast playing along with them and you should check them out if you haven't already.

Thanks for Looking.
Cheers!

Comments

  1. BROL! I LOVE that sentiment! Great job on "gothing" out your image. Is that word? I love how you colored her. Thanks for joining us this week at TBD! Hope to see you again!
    Hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I agree with Eulanda...that sentiment is soo perfect...totally lovin this card...thanks for joining us at TBD!!!! Hugs Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this card is fantastic! why haven't you sent it to me to post on the Sweet Pea blog???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment