Change is in the air

I'm in the middle of so much these days. For the handful of people that read this blog, you are aware that I work way too much. My schedule has been insane lately! I spend more hours at work than I do at home. I've decided to make a change. I will either be changing jobs within the month or, at the very least, reducing my hours. I'm tired of my body feeling like it has been hit by a truck. I'm tired of being zapped of all energy. I'm tired of being too tired to create. The job hunt starts tomorrow. Wish me luck. I wish I could make a living doing artsy stuff, but I like the comfort of a roof over my head and food on my table. Perhaps, in the future, I'll start my own business, but for now...nursing still calls.

I've decided to try out for a design team this year. It was the only New Year's resolution that I made this year. I'm not sure if I have what it takes, but I'll never know if I don't try. Smeared and Smudged has its own stamp line now and is holding a design team call. The ladies there do such kick-ass work and their challenges are always a blast! Everyone in the group is so supportive and being involved has really helped my come into my own as far as my artwork is concerned. I'm always inspired by the art that others create. I am happy to have found a place where I can feel free to create anything I want without concern of offending others with my bold style. I have had a few sites refuse my project postings because they were "too dark", they "contained sexual content", or they were "too graphic". Screw that! Artwork is about expression! If chosen for the DT, I hope to inspire others to create. I want to help others to embrace themselves and their personal style. I want to be a part of this awesome group of ladies and the Smeared and Smudged Stamp Line. I want to be on the ground floor of something great and be able to say, "Hey...I was a part of that!" On the selfish side, I want to be a DT member because I think it will help me grow as an artist and continue to challenge me to exceed my own expectations of myself. I haven't chosen my exact submissions yet, but I've narrowed it down to these:

Part of my submission is supposed to be an altered item. Unfortunately, I have given away most of my altered items as gifts and have no pictures to show my work. Hopefully the detail pics of my scrapbook page which contain altered cardboard accented with chain and covered with yummy inkiness will suffice. The fighting girls are so bad ass! I bought the stamps from the Edward Gorey site. I'll post the addy later. I used prisma pencils, markers and colorbox ink. I honestly don't remember what the background stamps were. If it comes to me, I'll post the source. I also used chipboard letters and grunged them up with ink, paint, and markers. It gave a pretty cool effect.







I must also submit three cards using stamped images. I think it was 3...I'll have to go back and read the instructions. I'm more about the moment than the rules. I'll have to work on that. LOL! Anyway, I'm having trouble deciding which cards to pick, but I have narrowed it down to the ones below. Maybe you guys can help me pick which images I should use. It would totally rock being a smeared and smudged design team member. The ladies there come up with such cool stuff! Wish me luck! Oh...and now that I'm reducing my work hours I'll have TIME to be a design team member!!! Time? What the Hell is that?






Below is a cutsie card I made using a Bombshell Stamp. It was originally made for the Feb. card sketch challenge on Smeared and Smudged, but I didn't submit it in time. I figured I should show that I don't have to use blood and gore in all of my designs!

Comments

  1. This stuff is AWESOME!!! I am so glad you are now on the team. You (and your layout!) kick ass!!! So glad you're happy at S&S! And I'm so glad that there are people out there like us that stick to our guns and make what we want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment