Drink of the Dead


IMG_1326, originally uploaded by ladybrayton71.

I am so excited about this project. I've been having friends and neighbors save empty glass bottles for me. Due to the fact that most of these bottles previously had liquor in them, I cleaned them out with dish soap and bleach to get rid of the stickiness and smell.

I peeled off the original labels, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, and applied a layer of Mod Podge. I found the spooky bottle labels at Spirit Halloween. They can also be found at Party City and are way cheap! After sticking the labels in place, I applied a few more layers of Mod Podge and added some decorative twine.

After my bottles are dry, I will probably fill the bottles with alcohol and food coloring mix. I don't want to use plain water because I really don't feel like growing mold or funkiness. Perhaps I will fill the bottles with a tinted epoxy for a slimy effect. I'm open for suggestions. What should I fill my bottles with?

Comments